Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Few Days off

I have taken a few days off of working on the bike to take care of some things at home. Fixed some cabinets, helped a friend get moved, got sick, took the kid fishing, blah blah blah.
Other than that, I have just been scraping gaskets on the top of the bottom end. Then I needed to turn the pistons a bit so I had to take the Stator cover off. This meant there was another gasket that needed to be scrapted and another point that needed to be flattened / honed.

This whole gasket thing is for the birds... They need to design something else for this. I am getting to be a master at gasket removal though. It just takes time and pressure.
TIME AND PRESSURE, isn't that how a diamond is made? This is like a diamond in the rough. It'll be a shining diamond when I am all done with it. Until then, it's still just a peice of coal, keep up the pressure over time and it'll be a diamond.

Kody says we can Lap the valves this week and start putting this thing back together. I am hoping that nothing else is wrong with it when it all gets back together, I cannot afford to take it all apart again. Gaskets aren't cheap and you need a new one everytime you put the damn thing together.
Until tomorrow, I am going to be working on it later today.. I'll get some more photos of the progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment