Monday, June 15, 2009

Weekend of Hard Work









Now after an entire weekend of working on the bike solid, I finally got a ton accomplished with the invaluable assistance of Kody Wisner at Wisner Cycles. Kody dared me to do something stupid and he would put my motor together, so I did it and he put it together.
Needless to say, it still hasn't started. After getting the gaskets that I needed finally (Thanks to z1enterprises.com) and thanks to Kody's mom for running to Iowa City to get one last gasket for me.

The carberators overflowed when I turned on the gas... It did turn over but it also seems as if we didn't get the shimming quite right and we aren't getting any compression. So, that means taking the valve cover off, then re-checking that, then cleaning up all of that gasket mess again.

Although the bike is coming along nicely.. It is starting to look like a motorcycle again.
I cannot wait to get it running. Here are some photos to look at of how things are going and how the weekend went.

Enjoy















No comments:

Post a Comment