Monday, March 30, 2009

Blasted Heads

Yesterday I was able to spend abou 5 hours out in the shop. I was able to get the gaskets all scraped off of the cylinders and get it blasted, Here is a photo of the finished blasting job.
Now all I have to do is tape it all off and spray paint it with High temp Engine Paint that I got from J&P Cycles. Part number 910-636 CLICK HERE .







Then I was able to get the head flattened from the blasting job I did on that. That was a whole lot easier than I thought it was going to be, this is the stone that Kody gave me and a can of WD40. It was as easy as wax on, wax off. Run it for awhile, clean it off and re-lube and rub some more. The seat where the gasket goes is now nice and shiny.







Here is a shot of me working on cleaning up those gaskets. That is definately a tedious job.
Kody's dad grabbed the camera and got yet another shot of me working on the bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment