Thursday, March 26, 2009

Removing the Cylinders.

Ok, so tonight I had an hour in the shop, I finished up on some little spots of sandblasting the heads and got that all finished up. Then it was time to remove the cylinders. WOW,easy to do but how can there be so much sand and dirt surrounding the bolts down that far.


It looked like they had submerssed the engine in sand.
THIS IS BAD. Or so I thought, actually, it was just around the Head Bolts, that sand and dirt didn't actually make it inside the engine.



Anyway, now I have the cylinders soaking just as I did the head, I'll take a couple of days to scrub on them and get all of the grease and ---- off of them, then I'll blast them as well. Once they are blasted, I'll break out the Engine paint and turn them completely black.
After the black paint, I intend on sanding down the fins to reveal the aluminum underneath of the paint but just on the tips of the fins, this should be really pretty when it is done.
Anyway, I had a Boy Scout meeting tonight so that is all I had time for. Like I said, I'll get the photos of the cylinders removed tomorrow and show the photos.
As I go though all of that process, I'll take some photos and get them up here. When I actually start putting things together, I'll get out the video camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment