Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Cleaning the Heads II

Ok, so Kody gave me the go ahead that the heads were pretty clean and it was time to bead blast them. So last night I grabbed up some packing tape since it was the only thing on hand to use and covered over the top of the head where the cams go so that I wouldn't get any sand on the bearings. Well, let me tell you, you need more than one layer of tape if you are going to be sand blasting.

I saw a hole start on the tape from accidentally passing the nozzle over it and stoped. There was some sand in there but nothing to get scared over. I took all the tape off, washed it again and this time, I added 3 layers of tape to it so that I wouldn't have to worry so much.


Anyway, the head is nicely cleaned and looks like brand new. Now Kody can lap the valves and re-cut the seats tonight.


Since the heads are so nice and clean now, I think I am going to have to do the same thing to the Cylinders or it won't look quite right.

No comments:

Post a Comment