Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Cleaning Up



If you look at the right side image at the top of this page you can clearly see that I have been cleaning up the bike. It was dirty as hell when I got it, it had been sitting up against the fence next to a gravel road for about a year.
Getting all of that off without using a power washer has been a real treat let me tell you. I won't spend anytime cleaning the tires as I need to get new ones anyway.
Here are shots of each side of the bike.


Ya see, I have to clean this in between times that I am cleaning the head, blasting it, waiting for Kody to tell me what to do next or if it is just me in the shop and I don't want to mess with something.
It really keeps me focused on the project though.
I would tear it completely down to the frame but I am afraid of wiring, I don't want to screw it up and not get everything put back where it goes.
Maybe one day I will do that, but until it is running and safe, looks are definately a second thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment